The list of magic mushrooms varieties is looooong. Magic mushroom is the common name for the mushrooms of the psilocybin cubensis. Psilocybin mushrooms are the mushrooms which contain the hallucinogenic substances psilocybin, psilocin and others. They're the psychoactive mushrooms. The funny mushrooms! A lot of magic mushrooms varieties exists, so it's normal for a newbie consumer to be lost in this vast new world. Today we're exposing all common and commercial magic mushrooms varieties and explaining the benefits of each one. Please note that we're not talking about the taxonomy of the magic mushrooms. We are talking about the commercial names of the magic mushrooms varieties. Most of the commercialized magic mushrooms are from the Psilocybe cubensis family, the most well known psilocybin mushroom due to its wide distribution and ease of cultivation. To consult the magic mushrooms taxonomy go here.
Magic mushrooms varieties
- Panama. The Panama magic mushroom varieties are a unique Central American cubensis. The Panama magic mushrooms have the meaty stems from North American cubensis and the wide caramel brown flats caps from the South American cubensis. As a result, the Panama has the best from both worlds. The Panama magic mushroom grows very quickly and is highly potent.
- Red Boy. The Red Boy magic mushrooms grow with large, bell shaped hats allow collecting spores easily and is simple to clone the Red Boy. The Red Boy is a true marvel and very rewarding. Super big fruits with above average potency.
- Orissa India. The India Orissa is the first cubensis strain from India. The Orissa is often found growing on elephant dung (yummy!) where it generates big stems and huge caps. The India Orissa can even outgrow the B+ is size. The first flush will produce lots of medium sized mushrooms. Following flushes are a slightly smaller but will produce much larger Indian Orissa mushrooms.
- Brazil. The Brazil cubensis is a world champion when it comes to growing flush sizes. The Brazil cubensis are caramel colored with slim hats. The veil that connects the hat to the stem is thicker than 'normal'. Before this veil tears and fruits say 'Tchau' to the substrate, the mushrooms have grown taller than other South American cubensis.
- B+. Without a doubt the Bee plus is one of the largest of all cubensis mushrooms. Perhaps the B+ Magic Mushroom grow kit is even the most resilient. Stories are not uncommon of people disposing the substrate in the garden after it has been exhausted only to find B+ magic mushrooms growing at the same spot the year after.
- Penys Envy. The Supa Envy magic mushroom is an improved Penis Envy culture that combines all the best characteristics of the PE sub strains. The P. Envy is known by it's massive fallus like mushrooms. This special PE strain is potent, thick and funny to grow!
- Ecuador. This one of the magic mushrooms varieties is a thick-stemmed magic mushroom with spade-shaped hats comes from the Ecuadorian highlands The Ecuador Magic Mushrooms Grow Kit grows dense flushes. Connoisseurs love to cultivate this Ecuador cubensis because of the clean, spiritual effects and lack of body high that the Magic Mushrooms deliver. Recommended for people with experience in mushrooms.
- Mexican. This one is a classic of the magic mushrooms varieties. The Mexican cubensis magic mushroom grow kit is very popular with beginners and experienced psychonaut. Newbies like it because it grows very easy and considered to be light in effect. But experienced customers know better than this. Mexican magic mushrooms are actually pretty potent.
- Golden Teacher. The Golden Teacher is called as such because 1: the gold color of the caps and 2: its' shamanistic properties. Golden Teacher Magic Mushroom Grow Kit grows large mushrooms with wide-rimmed caps. The yield is large, despite the fact that the first flush is generally smaller than the second. The GT psilocybe cubensis started to appear in the late 80's but their exact origin is unknown. These one is the goldie of the magic mushrooms varieties.
- PES Amazonian. PES Amazonian cubensis are known for growing very large mushrooms. The PES Amazonian is amongst the strongest mushrooms in our Magic Mushroom Grow Kit catalog. The mushrooms give strong visual effects and will elevate you to ecstasy. The mushrooms grow round, chestnut brown, sometimes scaled caps.
- Thai 'Koh Samui'. Tourists have come back from Thailand with stories of magic mushroom milk-shakes that have brought them wonderful moments. Thai are small mushrooms with large caps and a high yield. The most mysterious of the magic mushrooms varieties.
- A+. It is so pale that it looks like an Albino. But to be exact, it is not a true Albino. Take a closer look at the long stems long stems. You can see that they are very light brown. A+ fruits a little slower than other cubensis, and prefers fruiting temperatures of 24°C and higher. What the Albino A+ lacks in color; it surely holds in potency.
- Cambodian. Found close to the Cambodian Khmer temples and brought to be researched in the Western world. The Cambodian magic mushrooms varieties are special. The hats of the mushrooms are shaped as the Asian conical hats disclosing their origin. It's great for beginners!
- PES Hawaii. These magic mushroom varieties are fast growers. The flushes are large and the mushrooms are big and heavy in weight. Do not mistake the PES Hawaiian cubensis for the Hawaiian Copelandia. This last one is a different species of mushroom (Panaeolus cyanascens). The hats of the PES Hawaii fruits grow rather wide and resemble the Cambodian mushrooms in color (light brown) and hat shape (bell shaped). But the stems of the PES Hawaii are bigger and fatter.
- Treasure coast. The Treasure Coast cubensis Magic Mushroom Grow Kit grows very large flushes. Even though the mushrooms in this Magic Mushroom Grow Kit do not grow particularly tall, they grow in big and dense clusters. Occasionally white, albino Treasure Coast mushrooms can be found between those clusters. The extreme potency of these rare ones makes it definitely worthwhile to go treasure hunting...
They're a lot, they're similar, they're different. It's difficult to choose with this vast magic mushrooms varieties list. BUT I'm sure that you'll find one that will satisfy you completely!