Magic Mushroom Grow Kit McKennaii by Mondo®
The McKennaii Magic Mushrooms are a tribute to Terrence McKenna.
No doubt the McKennaii Magic Mushroom Grow Kit grows one of the strongest cubensis listed in our magic mushroom catalog.McKennaii is for the more visually interested.
Mckennai psilocybe cubensis grows easy making the cultivation of it rewarding. The shape, size and color of the Mckennaii mushroom can change with every flush.
Availability: In stock
Years of planning and testing has resulted in the next generation of Mondo® McKennaii Magic Mushroom grow kits. The Mondo® Grow Kit McKennaii has become better than it ever was. Compared to the first generation of Psilocybe cubensis Mondo® McKennaii Grow Kit, the next generation is improved with:
- Larger yields, more mushrooms
- More flushes*
- Better resistance against contaminations
- Different, but easier instructions
*some strains produce more flushes than others. The first three flushes are the largest.
Meet the new standard of easy grow kits
The Psilocybe cubensis Mondo® McKennaii Magic Mushroom grow kit is slightly different than the grow kits you might have used before. This is seen only in the substrate recipe and is a secret not just shared with everyone. Not even with us!
Just like the previous and other easy grow kits, you do not need to use additional spores. During the laboratory process, the spores have developed into mycelium inside the substrate (the cake) in the grow box. The mycelium has fully colonized the substrate and is ready to grow mushrooms.
How to store the mushroom grow kit correctly
It is recommended to start the cultivation process right away. If you decide to start growing later, you may store the grow kit in the refrigerator (2°C to 8°C) for 2 weeks. First, wrap the grow kit in a plastic shopping bag and close it well.
Contents of the Mckennaii Mushroom Grow Kit
- 1x grow box – This contains substrate with active mycelium (the cake)
- 1x grow bag – The bag has a micron filter to keep contaminants out
- 1x paperclip – For closing the grow bag.
- Misting Bottle – Misting is needed for the humidity level
- Potable water – For misting and soaking
- Clean environment – Work clean to give other fungi and bacteria (micro organisms) no chance to contaminate.
We recommend using
- Surgical gloves
- Disinfectant for hands
- Disinfectant for surfaces
- Soaking Bag
- Thermo mat (when room temperature drops below 18°C)
How to prepare the room and yourself before you begin
- Close any open windows. Wind or draft may bring microorganisms that can contaminate the Psilocybe cubensis 'McKennaii' Magic Mushroom grow kit.
- When taking out the grow box with the cake from the carton box, put it on a disinfected surface. If this surface would not be clean, microorganisms may attach to the grow box and will flourish inside the Psilocybe cubensis 'McKennaii' Magic Mushroom grow kit and will contaminate the grow box.
- Make sure you work with clean hands and arms. We recommend using surgical gloves or a good disinfectant when handling the kit. You should use a facemask to avoid breathing into the grow bag and on the cake.
Starting the process
- Fill the box with fresh, potable water. Close the grow box well and let it soak for 12 hours.
- After 12 hours, pour the surplus of water out of the grow box.
- Place the grow box inside the grow bag. The open end of the bag should point upwards.
- Remove the lid from the grow box. Rinse the lid and store it in the carton box.
- Fold the open end of grow bag twice; do not cover the micron filter.
- Place the paperclip on the fold, so the bag stays closed. Now the Psilocybe cubensis 'McKennaii' Magic Mushroom grow kit is ready to grow.
- Place the Psilocybe cubensis 'McKennaii' Magic Mushroom grow kit inside the carton box, on top of the ziploc with lid.
the instructions for the Mondo® McKennaii magic mushroom grow kit.
The ideal temperature is 24°C. Do not have the temperature drop under 18°C and not exceed 29°C. To keep the temperature from dropping under the 18°C, you can use ato maintain the ideal temperature. A thermo mat is a must-have in the winter or colder regions of the world.
The Psilocybe cubensis Mondo® McKennaii Magic Mushroom Grow Kit only needs light for the mycelium to ‘understand’ it has reached the surface. Only then, mushrooms will grow. A few hours of fluorescent/artificial light or indirect sunlight a day is more than enough. Direct sunlight kills the mycelium, so avoid the sun to shine directly on the grow kit.
Water / Misting
The day after you start the process you begin with misting. Open the grow bag by removing the paperclip. Do not spray directly on the cake but spray one time against every side of the bag. So you mist once a day, four sprays. Misting also vents fresh oxygen inside the bag. Right after misting, close the bag again with the paperclip.
If the conditions are optimal, you can expect the first small mushrooms (the pins) to appear between 5 and 16 days. This also depends on the strain. Some cubensis strains grow slower than others.
The mushrooms come up in groups. This can be a small or large group. That depends on the strain. A growth like this is called a flush. Mushrooms are almost never ripe at the same time. You can get more than one flush out of a kit. The first two flushes are the largest. When more flushes come, they will be smaller than the previous one.
Mushrooms are ripe and should be picked when the veil between the hat and the stem has just torn. Don’t wait much longer. Use surgical gloves or disinfect your hands, wrists and arms. Pick the mushrooms that are ripe and let the others continue to grow. Remove the mushrooms from the cake by taking hold of the base of the mushroom between thumb and index finger. Rotating your hand clockwise slowly, until the mushroom lets go. Do not pull out the mushrooms. This would risk damaging the mycelium and killing it. When most of the larger mushrooms have been picked, also pick the smaller ones and the pins as well.
Mushrooms that grow from the sides
Mushrooms grow where the light reaches and where there is little penetrating resistance. Because the cake has light shining on the sides, the mushrooms might also grow there. It is hard to counter this and can be allowed. Some growers wrap the sides of the grow box in aluminum foil to keep the sides dark, but this doesn’t always work well.
When mushrooms grow there, they can be picked just before you soak the kit:
Clean hands! Take the grow box out of the bag and place it upside down on your other hand. Wiggle the plastic box so that the cake will fall out, onto your hand. The plastic box can be placed on a disinfectant surface. Now you have this hand free to pick the mushrooms from the sides of the cake. When all mushrooms are picked, you can place the cake back as it was, in the plastic box and continue to the soaking process.
After all the mushrooms have been picked, you prepare the kit for the next flush. Again, with disinfected hands or gloves; take the grow box out of the grow bag. Fill the box with fresh, potable water. Take the lid out of the ziploc bag and use it to close the grow box. Place the closed grow box in a soaking Bag or use your own clean plastic shopping bag and wrap it around the box. Close it well and place this in a refrigerator (2°C to 8°C) for 12 hours. This is called the soaking process. Water will now soak through the cake, preparing it for the next flush.
During the soaking you can hang the grow bag with micronfilter upside down to dry. Make sure to hang it upside down, so no microorganisms will access the bag. Many growers prefer to use new and unused grow bags after every flush.
After 12 hours take the soaking Bag with the grow box, out from the fridge and unpack it.
To continue, follow the same steps 3 – 7 as before when you started the process for the first time. Several days later, a new flush will appear. You can get at least 2 or 3 flushes out of a Psilocybe cubensis 'McKennaii' Magic mushroom grow kit. If you are experienced in cultivating, you can get more flushes out of a kit.
When no more mushrooms grow out of a grow kit after the second flush for at least three weeks, or when the Psilocybe cubensis 'McKennaii' Magic Mushroom grow kit turns green, red, grey or yellow; the grow kit can be disposed of. The change in color is a sign that the grow kit is contaminated with another fungus or bacteria. No more mushrooms will grow out of the Psilocybe cubensis 'McKennaii' Magic mushroom grow kit and the grow kit should be thrown away in the garbage outside.
When you are too late picking the mushrooms, they will drop their spores. The cake and the mushrooms will turn black/purple (some other cubensis strains red/brown) because of the spores. This is not really a problem; it just doesn’t look very pretty. When mushrooms release their spores, they also start to degrade, and the active ingredients are breaking down. Mushrooms will lose some of their potency.
Check out the responsible use page for more information on do’s and don’ts.
This kit is meant for small-scale home use only.
|Grow Kit type||Mondo|
|Optimum cultivation temperature||23ºC|
|Yield (from)||100 grams|
|Yield (to)||400 gram|
|Water Spray Needed||Yes|
|Not shipped to:||Non EU countries, Africa, Asia, Australia, Caribbean, Central America, Cyprus, Denmark, Germany, Iran, Ireland, Middle East, South America, Canada, Estonia, Finland, Israel , New Zealand, Norway, Russia, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States|
- Five out of five... plus one Review by Bob
Very fast delivery: 3-4 days since payment registered. This is the fastest I've had comparing with others.
Quick growth, easy to maintain but you need to be patient and careful with basic hygiene. I've had the first pick within 14 days for 40g fresh. First flush gave 210g in total in 19 days - awesome! :) Second flush gave 280g so almost 500g fresh in two flushes. now I'm at 3rd flush which seems to grow more slow but I think it's because I left it soaking for 12h instead of 24h (btw: the soaks were 24h each from the start).
Really potent for me, had really nice and strong trips with as low as 1.3g dry but I've tried 4g too as I like exploring :)
A really good recipe I've refined: dont eat for at least 6h, avoid greasy junk food to keep your digestion light for optimum psilocin metabolizing (I think )). Grind to fine powder and leave it in lemon juice for 40-60 mins (60 mins means strong tripping after 20-30 mins. Mix with a room temp herb tea of: chamomile (half of spoon), artichoke (half of spoon), caraway (1 tea spoon), marjoram (half of tea spoon), honey. Tea made at max 90C (better at 80C to avoiding being too bitter from the artichoke.
This is definitely where I'll order from now on for sure!
Highly recommend to try all of the above :)
Have a good trip! (Posted on 6/3/2021)
- TOP! Review by Filip
- Big Mackennaii Review by Caroline
Les champis sont dodus
Au top!! (Posted on 4/23/2021)
- Easy peasy Review by Damian
Can definitely recommend these guys✌️ (Posted on 4/21/2021)
- Two months and nothing grows Review by Leonor
MMS EDIT: We tried to reach out to come to a solution, but there was no reply. When issues like this arise, please contact us at [email protected] (Posted on 4/12/2021)
- Very good! Review by /v
- A strain full of surprises... Review by Afonso
- This strain is really full of surprises, if the kit goes well all is good and the effects are very nice, maybe one of the best. But if the growing part doesn't go well...it can be a bit disappointing. So take good care of your kit. (Posted on 3/26/2021)
- Everything worked perfectly! Review by Yareru
- Slow grow, but powerfull fruits Review by L.o.
Anyway, in the sgfc the mushrooms continued to grow quite slowly, decided to end first flush about two weeks later, ended with a bit less then 90 g
For the second flush, already got several pins from the start but they took way too long to grow, could be because I could not keep the room temperature above 18C. So I managed to get only around 60g on this second flush and unfortunately, at the end, the substrate got contam with trich and I had to toss everything.
For a first time definitely a nice experience, this strain is also quite potent, nothing to complain on this. (Posted on 3/16/2021)
- No growth on top but moderate flush on sides Review by Juraj
- Really fun journey the growing and the fruit as well ;) Review by Gavo - @de_kar_
I think I have seen the first pinheads on the 7th or 8th day and after the growing period was quite fast.
Actually, I am on the 3rd flushes. In the first, I can get 90g fresh, in the second 150g fresh and hopefully I can get the same or more in the third as well.
It is easy to grow, really potent, and has the nice shape of the mushrooms. Interesting that the shape was different in the two flushes.
Finally the most interesting point - How was the shroom trip? :)
I tried two times, at the first time I ate 20g of fresh mushroom it was quite gentle, the peak was at 60-70min and after 100-180min peak and 60min washup. The peak was brilliant, like a really light ecstasy, laughing long minutes on pictures from 9gag :) listened to The Blaze live stream. It was pure peaceful. I dropped down every stress and problems just chillin.
I can recommend it to everybody. Currently, I bought PES Amazonian, and I am so excited to try this one as well.
My IG: @de_kar_ (Posted on 1/23/2021)
- grrreat! Review by Mariana
- Good Kit Review by matthias
Aound 40g dry so a good yield. Just started a 5th flush so might be more.
The genetics could be better cause the size of the shrooms are small to average. (Posted on 1/1/2021)
- Top Review by Vladimir
- Very nice Review by Guillaume
- Nice!! Review by Natalia
- recommended! Review by Dániel
(Posted on 8/18/2020)
- Easy and great results! Review by andres
- Everything is awesome Review by Daniel
- VERY prolific! Review by Jeffrey
Once they start pinning, watch those beauties grow right before your eyes almost, and once the cap starts coming away from the stem, keep a close watch.
They make a strong micro-dose. took 2X500mg capsules, and the visions started coming in on the fringes of my vision.
A great strain of psilocybin for festivals or a night out, I'd wager! (Posted on 4/16/2020)
Important information about Mondo® Grow Kit McKennaii
- You have to be 18 years or older to order this product
- This product has shipping limitations. See the additional information to find out where we don't ship.
- When you place an order you declare that you are aware of the legal status of the ordered product(s) in your country and that you are allowed to receive and posses these.
- The use of magic mushrooms is at your own risk, so make sure to be well informed about the use and their effects.
- The price does not include shipment.
As low as: €99.50