Magic Mushroom Grow Kit Mazatapec XL by Mondo®
The Mazatapec strain is a available in a 2 liter (2100cc) XL Magic Mushrooms Grow Kit. Grow large! Go XL
The Mazatapec mushrooms are named after the region and the people where magic mushrooms where semi officially introduced to the western world. Mazatapec mushrooms are rather pale in color but grow very tall with bell shaped hats. The Mazatapec magic mushroom fruits a bit slower than other cubensis strains, but the yields can be enormous. Great for beginners, celebrated by experienced psychonauts.
Availability: Out of stock
Years of planning and testing has resulted in the next generation of Mondo® Mazatapec XL magic mushroom grow kits. The Mazatapec XL grow kit is now even better than it ever was. Compared to the first generation of Mondo®XL magic mushroom grow kit, the next generation is improved with:
- Larger yields, more mushrooms
- More flushes*
- Better resistance against contaminations
- Different, but easier instructions
*some strains produce more flushes than others. The first three flushes are the largest.
Meet the new standard of easy grow kits
The Mondo® Mazatapec XL magic mushroom grow kit is slightly different than the grow kits you may have used before. These are mainly 'under the hood' differences and are not easily seen.
Just like the previous and other easy mushoom grow kits, you do not need to use additional spores. During the laboratory process, the spores have developed in mycelium inside the substrate (the cake) in the grow box.
How to store the grow kit correctly
It is recommended to start the cultivation process right away. If you decide to start growing later, you may store the grow kit in the refrigerator (2°C to 8°C) for 2 weeks after productiondate. First, wrap the grow kit in a plastic shopping bag and close it well.
- 1x grow box – This contains substrate with active mycelium (the cake)
- 1x large grow bag – The bag has micron filters to keep contaminants out
- 2x paperclip – For closing the grow bag.
- Misting Bottle – Misting is needed for the humidity level
- Potable water – For misting and soaking
- Clean environment – Work clean to give other fungi and bacteria (micro organisms) no chance to contaminate.
We recommend to use
- Surgical gloves
- Disinfectant for hands
- Disinfectant for surfaces
- Soaking Bag
- Thermo mat (when room temperature drops below 18°C)
How to prepare the room and yourself before you begin
- Close any open windows. Wind or draft may bring microorganisms that can contaminate the Mondo® 'Mazatapec' XL Magic Mushroom grow kit.
- When taking out the grow box with the cake from the carton box, put it on a disinfected surface. If this surface would not be clean, micro organisms may attach to the grow box and will flourish inside the Mondo® 'Mazatapec' XL Magic Mushroom grow kit, and will contaminate the grow box.
- Make sure you work with clean hands and arms. We recommend using surgical gloves or a good disinfectant when handling the kit. You should use a facemask to avoid breathing into the grow bag and on the cake.
Starting the process
- Fill the box with fresh, potable water. Close the grow box well and let is soak for 12 hours.
- After 12 hours, pour the surplus of water out of the grow box.
- Place the grow box inside the large grow bag. The open end of the bag should point upwards.
- Remove the lid from the grow box. Rinse the lid, and store it in the ziplock bag for later use. Place the ziplockbag with the lid back in the carton box.
- Fold the open end of large grow bag twice; do not cover the micron filter.
- Place the paperclip on the fold, so the bag stays closed. Now the Mondo® 'Mazatapec' XL Magic Mushroom grow kit is ready to grow.
- Place the Mondo® 'Mazatapec' XL Magic Mushroom grow kit inside the carton box, on top of the ziplock with lid.
The ideal temperature is 24°C. Do not have the temperature drop under 18°C and not exceed 29°C. To keep the temperature from dropping under the 18°C, you can use a thermo mat to maintain the ideal temperature. A thermo mat is a must-have in the winter or colder regions of the world.
The Mondo® 'Mazatapec' XL magic mushroom grow kit only needs light for the mycelium to ‘understand’ it has reached the surface. Only then, mushrooms will grow. A few hours of fluorescent/artificial light or indirect sunlight a day is more than enough. Direct sunlight kills the mycelium, so avoid the sun to shine directly on the grow kit.
Water / Misting
The day after you start the process you begin with misting. Open the grow bag by removing the paperclip. Do not spray directly on the cake, but spray one time against every side of the bag. So you mist once a day, four sprays. Misting also vents fresh oxygen inside the bag. Right after misting, close the bag again with the paperclip.
If the conditions are optimal, you can expect the first small mushrooms (the pins) to appear between 5 and 16 days. This also depends on the strain. Some cubensis strains grow slower than others.
The mushrooms come up in groups. This can be a small or large group. That depends on the strain. A growth like this is called a flush. Mushrooms are almost never ripe at the same time. You can get more than one flush out of a kit. The first two flushes are the largest. When more flushes come, they will be smaller than the previous one.
Mushrooms are ripe and should be picked when the veil between the hat and the stem has just torn. Don’t wait much longer. Use surgical gloves or disinfect your hands, wrists and arms. Pick the mushrooms that are ripe and let the others continue to grow. Remove the mushrooms from the cake by taking hold of the base of the mushroom between thumb and index finger. Rotating your hand clockwise slowly, until the mushroom lets go. Do not pull out the mushrooms. This would risk damaging the mycelium and killing it. When most of the larger mushrooms have been picked, also pick the smaller ones and the pins as well.
Mushrooms that grow from the sides
Mushrooms grow where the light reaches and where there is little penetrating resistance. Because the cake has light shining on the sides, the mushrooms might also grow there. It is hard to counter this and can be allowed. Some growers wrap the sides of the grow box in aluminum foil to keep the sides dark, but this doesn’t always work well.
When mushrooms grow there, they can be picked just before you soak the kit:
Clean hands! Take the grow box out of the bag and place it upside down on your other hand. Wiggle the plastic box so that the cake will fall out, onto your hand. The plastic box can be placed on a disinfectant surface. Now you have this hand free to pick the mushrooms from the sides of the cake. When all mushrooms are picked, you can place the cake back as it was, in the plastic box and continue to the soaking process.
After all the mushrooms have been picked, you prepare the kit for the next flush. Again, with disinfected hands or gloves; take the grow box out of the large grow bag. Fill the box with fresh, potable water. Take the lid out of the ziplock bag and use it to close the grow box. Place the closed grow box in a soaking Bag or use your own clean plastic shopping bag and wrap it around the box. Close it well and place this in a refrigerator (2°C to 8°C) for 12 hours. This is called the soaking process. Water will now soak through the cake, preparing it for the next flush.
During the soaking you can hang the grow bag with micronfilter upside down to dry. Make sure to hang it upside down, so no micro organisms will access the bag. Many growers prefer to use new and unused grow bags after every flush.
After 12 hours take the soaking Bag with the grow box, out from the fridge and unpack it.
To continue, follow the same steps 3 – 7 as before when you started the process for the first time. Several days later, a new flush will appear. You can get at least 2 or 3 flushes out of a Mondo® 'Mazatapec' XL Magic mushroom grow kit. If you are experienced in cultivating, you can get more flushes out of a kit.
When no more mushrooms grow out of a grow kit after the second flush for at least three weeks, or when the Mondo® 'Mazatapec' XL Magic Mushroom grow kit turns green, red, grey or yellow; the grow kit can be disposed of. The change in color is a sign that the grow kit is contaminated with another fungus or a bacteria. No more mushrooms will grow out of the Mondo® 'Mazatapec' XL Magic mushroom grow kit and the grow kit should be thrown away in the garbage outside.
When you are too late picking the mushrooms, they will drop their spores. The cake and the mushrooms will turn black/purple (some other cubensis strains red/brown) because of the spores. This is not really a problem; it just doesn’t look very pretty. When mushrooms release their spores, they also start to degrade and the active ingredients are breaking down. Mushrooms will lose some of their potency.
Check out the responsible use page for more information on do’s and don’ts.
This kit is meant for small-scale home use only.
|Grow Kit type||Mondo|
|Potency||Average / High|
|Optimum cultivation temperature||23ºC|
|Yield (from)||200 grams|
|Yield (to)||500 gram|
|Water Spray Needed||Yes|
|Not shipped to:||Non EU countries, Africa, Asia, Australia, Caribbean, Central America, Cyprus, Denmark, Germany, Iran, Ireland, Middle East, South America, Canada, Estonia, Finland, Israel , New Zealand, Norway, Russia, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States|
- Bad kit Review by Martin B
MMS CUSTOMER SUPPORT EDIT: It's unfortunate that grow issues occurred. In this case, the correct instructions were not followed, so the kit was not eligible for replacement. (Posted on 4/19/2021)
- Love maza Review by Him
- Amazing service Review by Pedro
First flushes on the way looking very promising. (Posted on 2/20/2020)
- Almost no mushrooms Review by RMC
- Amazing journey Review by Ibb
Huge 1st flush, they're not kidding with the XL. Will do another grow in the next few days.
Does take a little longer than other grow kits, eg took 3 weeks for the flush to finish, but its worth the wait as you have soo many to pick :) (Posted on 10/12/2018)
- Mazatapec Review by .........
Why changed something that works GREAT??? (Posted on 4/20/2016)
- Amaizing Review by Turtle
And the stone .. very good. 4gr dry is a stone that has a good PERSPECTIVE the world and good visuals too. (Posted on 10/25/2015)
- Great kit Review by Michiel
Same as with this kit first flush yield is lower compared with second.
Nice allround trip shroom! (Posted on 8/11/2015)
- Easy to grow (indestructable) and colorfull turn Review by W4ffelfr34k
- little flashes Review by Nikolajs
- 5/5 Review by Sky
Just followed instructions, and after 2 weeks, i got a first flush weighing in at 190 grams fresh, very satisfied, nice and clean trips, very good mushrooms. (Posted on 10/27/2014)
- TOP SEITE ! Review by Lars
- TOP! Review by Adol
- Sehr spectakulär!!! Review by MagicMillo
- Extrema qualidade!=) Review by JP
Inicialmente achei estes cogumelos muito fracos, comi 35g da primeira colheita o que me deu uma viagem muito leve comparativamente com os Thai que com uma dosagem semelhante me proporcinou uma viagem bem mais intensa...Na segunda colheita aventurei-me então mais um bocado para saber o verdadeiro valor destes meninos =) e comi 65g posso dizer-vos que tive das melhores viagens da minha vida!!!=) Uma viagem muito intensa com muita consciencia de tudo e muito muito limpa...diga-mos que a respeito dos Mazatapec é apenas uma questão de quantidade ingerida pois em passado duma certa dosagem temos muitas visões e uma forte conexão com o nosso "Eu superior"..Se fores suficientemente humilde vais ver e preceber o que está por tráz desta "realidade"!!!Na realidade a minha opinião sobre todas as variedades de cogumelos que já experimentei, que já são algumas, é que todos são iguais, a diferença é que dependendo da variedade precisamos de comer mais ou menos para atingir o tipo de viagem desejada, mas como é obvio existem variedades mais simpáticas e mais puras que outras e esta é uma delas!!!=) Os Mazatepec com os Thai são sem duvida as minha variedades preferidas apesar dos Thai serem um pouco mais agressivos. Não aconselho estes tipos de dosagens para iniciantes, não mais que 20/25g da primeira vez e vai aumento gradualmente para saber até onde pode chegar!=)
Bem haja para vocês!
Abraço e boas viagens =) (Posted on 11/5/2012)
- Nice, but... Review by Stephane
The second flush is growing, and shrooms already look fatter - yes! (Posted on 8/13/2012)
- Big classic Review by Hidding Bunny
During the first flushes, 1.5 grammes of dried mushrooms = 1 pleasant not to brutal visual and giggly trip. (after the 3rd flush, the shrooms are normally less and les potent so you will normally need to higher the dose to have the same trip) (Posted on 7/23/2012)
- Superb Trip! Review by Will
Nice big first flush - just over 220g fresh. Took 3.5g dried and my god, what a trip! Fantastic visuals; cool patterns and colors and quite giggly, looking forward to doing more of these soon!
Tripping Tip: Listen to music by an artist called 'Shpongle' - fantastic music made especially for tripping. (Posted on 7/8/2012)
- zeer visueel Review by tshitake
Deze soort hoort bij mijn favo, de trip is zeer intense en ongelooflijk psych visueel vooral bij hoge dosering (6g gedroogd).
Hoge opbrengst, snelle groei en grote flushes , tja wat wil je nog meer ;)
Ik kan alleen maar aanraden!!
(Posted on 4/1/2012)
- Sehr gut! Review by Martin
Gestern wurde 1 gradd getrocknet gegessen und ein halbes gramm als tee getrunken.
Sehr Guter Trip, viele lustige effekte^^ Die mitarbeiter von mc donalds haben sich anscheinend sehr über uns amüsiert ;)
Der Trip hielt gute 6 stunden an.
Ich würde sie wieder kaufen. (Posted on 3/19/2012)
Important information about Mondo® Grow Kit Mazatapec XL
- You have to be 18 years or older to order this product
- This product has shipping limitations. See the additional information to find out where we don't ship.
- When you place an order you declare that you are aware of the legal status of the ordered product(s) in your country and that you are allowed to receive and posses these.
- The use of magic mushrooms is at your own risk, so make sure to be well informed about the use and their effects.
- The price does not include shipment.