MycoMate® Kilo kit makes it possible to grow over a kilogram of fresh mushrooms in a matter of weeks. The kit contains everything you need to start cultivation, you add the spores and you choose how to grow.
MycoMate® Kilo Mushroom grow kit, is the ultimate mushroom grow experience without the hassle of making substrate. The MycoMate® Kilo Kit contains an improved PF TEK or BRF substrate in an spawn bag with injection port. The Substrate bag is sterilized and ready for inoculation. The injection port makes it easy to inject your mushroom spores. This way you can inoculate the MycoMate® Kilo Kit with any spores you like.
You can choose your mushroom spores from a selection of spores vials we include to the prodcut. The mushroom spores vials come with a 20% discount if bought together with the MycoMate® Kilo kit.
The MycoMate® Kilo kit without spores is available for when you want tuo use your own spores.
With Liquid Culture
You can inject the spores in the MycoMate® Liquid culture and let the spores germinate here. The mycelium grows in the Liquid culture vial. Using Liquid Culture will strengthen the mycelium, shortens the colonization time and gives a higher success rate.
MycoMate® Kilo Kit Includes:
- Detailed Instructions
- Spawn Bag, with sterilized mushroom substrate. Bag with injection port
- 25 ml vial MycoMate® Liquid Culture
- Vermiculite, to be used as a casing layer
- 1x Grow Bag with Micronfilter
- 4x Alcoswabs
- 2x 10ml Syringe
- 1x Clothespin
You will need:
- An disinfected area to work
- Spores; a Ready to use Spore Syringe or Inoculated Liquid Culture vail
- Disinfected Mixing bowl
- Clean / Drinkable Water
- Waterspray / Misting bottle
MycoMate® Kilo kit Instructions
Before you start. Make sure your work environment is clean and has no draft if you cultivate mushrooms. Wash your hands and wrist before handling the mushroom substrate kit with hand disinfectant. As extra protection use gloves and a face mask.
Lay out all the materials you need on a disinfected work space.
You will need:
- MycoMate® kilo kit substrate bag
- Mushroom spore syringe or Liquid Culture with germinated mushroom spores,
- A lighter or spirit burner
- Alcohol preps
- Disinfectant spray
Prepare your mushroom spore syringe with 5-10 ml of spore solution or Liquid Culture. This is enough spores to inoculate the MycoMate® Kilo kit substrate.
- Locate the injection port on the substrate bag. Open the injection port by pulling the cap off and clean it with an alcohol prep.
- Now get your spore syringe and heat the needle, red hot, with a lighter to make it sterile. Let the needle cool off for a few seconds.
- Inject the needle of the syringe into the port. Add 2-3 drops of mushroom spore solution in every corner of the substrate and in the middle of the mushroom substrate bag.
Every drop of spore solution is a point were the mycelium will start to grow.
To let the mycelium grow and colonize the substrate you must keep the MycoMate® Kilo kit in a dark space with a temperature between 23* -27* degrees Celsius.
After 1-5 days you will see the mycelium starting to grow from the spots were the spores were dropped. The mycelium looks like cotton and becomes more stringy while developing and colonizing the mushroom substrate.
It takes 2-4 weeks for the mycelium to colonize the substrate in the bag. No empty spots of substrate should be left.
Wait an additional 5-7 days to make sure the inside of the substrate is colonized by the spores too. Now that mushrooms substrate is fully covered by the mycelium the kit is ready to be prepared for fruiting.
Growing mushrooms with the MycoMate® Kilo kit
When the substrate is ready (fully colonized) the fruiting process can be started. It is time to grow mushrooms!
First ready the vermiculite.
- Mix the vermiculite with 100 ml of water in a clean bowl.
- Stir till all the water is absorbed and the vermiculite is moist.
Now get the mushrooms substrate bag:
- Grab the plastic bag in the middle and cut it open 3-4 cm above the substrate.
- Add a layer of the moist vermiculite on the substrate. Spread it evenly over the cake, do not press it.
Put the prepared substrate in the fruiting bag. This bag forms your grow chamber.
- Mist the grow chamber to get the humidity up. Always spray against the sides of the fruiting bag, never on the substrate or mushrooms.
- Close the grow bag by holding the top a few times and fix it with a paper clip
Pick a warm and bright spot for the kit. Do not put the grow kit in direct sunlight. Optimal temperature is 22*C-25*C. Keep the fruiting chamber moist, by spraying water every 2 (two) days.
The first pins can appear within several days and up to two weeks. When the mushrooms are mature harvest them for the collection of the spores or consumption.
Re-hydrate by misting the kit after the harvest to create a new flush of mushrooms. Two till tree flushes of mushrooms is what you can expect form the kilo kit substrate.