Psilocybe Azurescens magic mushroom kit | Outdoor Cultivation
The Azurescens magic mushroom grow kit is the perfect way to grow your own psilocybe Azurescens mushrooms outdoors. Make a mushroom patch in your garden and cultivate the Azurescens mushrooms year after year.
The Psilocybe Azurescens is one the most potent of the tryptamine-bearing mushrooms.
One bag of Azurescens spawn contains 70 grams, 280 ml of inoculated substate that is fully colonized by mycelium.
Psilocybe Azurescens magic mushroom Outdoor Growkit
The Azurescens kit is a spawn bag that you can us to grow your own Azurescens mushrooms. It's pretty easy to use and make it possible to inoculate as up to 5 - 10 liter of woodchips to make a mushroom patch in your garden.
The Psilocybe Azurescens are 5-6 times stronger when compared to the psilocybe cubensis.
Best time to start an Azurescens mushroom outdoor patch is February and March. This way the mycelium has enough time to colonize the wood and you can have Azurescens mushrooms around autumn.
However, Success can not be guaranteed. Too many factors could influence the outcome of the grow. No refund or replacement on the Psilocybe Azurescens spawn
Contents of the Psilocybe Azurescens mushroom kit
- 280 ml of spawn form the psilocybe Azurescens Mushroom
Grow Information Azurescens Outdoor Growkit
- Destination: Outdoor
- Substrate: Wood chips
- Strength: Very strong
- Cultivation level: average - hard
- Colonization temperature: 16-24ºC
- Fructification temperature: around 7ºC
- Harvest period: October-January
The Azurescens grows in colder and wetter climates. The mushrooms usually appear around autumn and winter. You will need a spot in the garden that can be undisturbed for a long time.
Because setting up the Azurescens takes long time. from spawn to harvest can take months.
This kit is used for outdoor cultivation and could become contaminated with other mushrooms.
Make sure to harvest only the Psilocybe Azurescens mushroom from the patch and remove all others.
When to start growing Azurescens?
You can start the Azurescens kit any time of the year, between March and October. To make things easy here is a timeline were you can see when to start to get you set-up for the same year.
The Azurescens mycelium will need time to colonize and get ready to fruit the mushrooms. This process takes months. If you start early in the year you could have your first flush of mushrooms around October.
If you start in September the first mushroom will grow the year after.
Timeline for growing the Azurescens mushrooms outdoor:
- January, February: Make or buy spawn
- February, March: Transfer of the colonized spawn to sterilized wood chips.
- March, April, May : Transfer the colonized wood chips to outdoor wood chips beds.
- September, October, November, December : Fruiting of the mushrooms, and harvest
How to grow Azurescens Mushrooms outdoors?
Stuff you need:
- Garden or balcony
- 5 - 10 liter of woodchips, 6 mm. If it;s too thick it takes long tot colonize
- Cardboardbox, Dimension: 30 x 30 x 15 cm.
- Plastic bag
- Container 1-2 liter, form mixing the spawn and woodchips
- Patience: yes, again... you will have to wait.
Azurescens grow kit instructions
Growing Azurescens mushrooms looks difficult but if you follow the next steps carefully you are on step closer to grow them in your garden or balcony.
Step 1: Prepare the substrate
- Take a big container and add the wood chip
- Boil enough water to soak the wood chips
- Submerge the woodchips with clean tap water
- Leave to soak for 12 hours
Step 2: Prepare the Azurescens spawn
First wash your hands.
- Take the container with the spawn (Azurescens mycelium) and open the lid
- Use a clean ziplock bag or bowl and add the spawn to it. Alternatively you can leave the spawn in the container and break it in there.
- Gently break the mycelium in little chunks/pieces, or squeeze the bag to break up the mycelium.
Now you can inoculate the wood chips with the Azurescens spawn pieces.
Step 3: Inoculate the woodchips
- Get you tub of sterilized wood chips
- Aadd the spawn to the wood chips
- Mix the spawn with the wood chips, using your hands or a fork.
Make sure to distribute the mycelium chunks evenly over the woodchips. The mycelium will start growing again and will cover the woodchips (colonize) much faster if there is mycelium chunks all around the substrate.
Step 4 Colonization of the woodchips
- Cover the woodchips with a piece of wet cardboard, and put the lid on top. DO not close the lid, just leave it on top. The substrate should be covered , but the mycelium must be able to breath and grow. No air no growth.
- Keep the container in a clean, dust and draft free area in your house.
- Leave the container colonize for 4-5 weeks ubtil it is fully colonized by the Azurens mycelium.
- When all the woodchips are white of the mycelium you are ready for the next step.
Step 5: Prepare the extra woodchips
- Get the rest of the wood chips and pour in a large container
- Boil enough water to submerge the woodchips
- Submerge the woodchips in water. Alternatively you can boil the woodchips with the water in a pot (large pan) on the stove, let it simmer for 30-40 minutes.
- Let the woodchips soak in the water and cool overnight (12 hours)
- Drain all the water from the woodchips. The wood chips should be moist not wet
Step 6: Make the mycelium bed in a box (and an alternative)
You will need the cardboard box, the colonized woodchips and the moist woodchips form step 6. (previous step)
Make sure the cardboard box is closed at the bottom, some extra tape can help.
- Wash your hands.
- Add both batches of woodchips to the cardboard box an mix them gently, but very well, together.
The colonized woodchips should be mixed evenly over the moist woodchips. Now you are ready to plant your Azurescens mycelium outside!
Step 7: Bury the Azurescens mycelium outside
You will need: Shovel, the cardboard box with mycelium, soil or extra woodchips, leaves and branches.
Select a patch of ground that is out of direct sunlight, in the shade. And that can go undisturbed for a long time. This is were you make your Azurescens mycelium bed.
- Dig a hole that fits the box
- Make sure the box stays open and bury the cardboard box
- Add 1 cm of moist top soil on your Azurescens mycelium bed
- You can add some grass seeds to the soil to make it a nice garden patch. Alternatively cover it with more woodchips , leaves, moss or branches
Now you wait, while the mycelium is spreading underground forming its network even further. You both wait until autumn/ fall for the ideal temperatures to fruit and harvest.
Taking care of your Azurescens outdoor patch
An Azurescens that is made properly will last you year after year. But it will need some taking care of.
Moist is the key factor to an everlasting Azurescens mushroom patch. On hot summer days or long times with no rain, it's important to keep your Azurescens patch moist.
Look and feel the soil, stick a finger in the soil to see if it's still moist 3-4 cm under the surface.
Not moist? Add water to your Azurescens patch!
The mycelium feeds of the woodchips and other organic material in the ground. It should have enough nutrients to last years.
If you have a poor ground, clay or sand with not much organic material it is good to enrich the soil with some more woodchips, leaves, branches after 2 years of growing.
Add fresh woodchips in the spring. This gives the Azurescens mycelium enough time to colonize it and give you mushrooms in autumn / fall
Do not use fertilizers or pest repellents.
Protect you Azurescens patch against frost and snow. Add an additional layer of woodchips to the mycelium bed or cover it with branches. This protects the mycelium against the frost and adds extra nutrients.
Important warning: Overtime the Azurescens can be contaminated by other mushroom species. Only harvest the Azurescens mushrooms and remove all others. Are you not sure about the identity of the mushroom, do not use it!
From September until December (first frost) you can expect the Azurescens mushrooms to grow in your garden.
The mushrooms appear when the temperature is below 10 ° C and the weather is wet enough. It's possible to harvest 1-3 flushes, depending on the weather conditions.
Now it's time to harvest and pick some Azurescens mushrooms.
When do you harvest the Azurescens Mushrooms?
Azurescens mushrooms, like the cubensis, are picked for harvest when they are mature. This is when the veil of the mushroom breaks. However the conditions of outdoor cultivation are not ideal, and you never know when it's going to happen.
So it's best to pick the Azurescens mushrooms when they 'look mature'. Every Azurescens mushroom with an open cap is ready to pick. Is the cap slightly open or about to? Pick them!
How do you harvest the Azurescens mushrooms?
The Azurescens mushroom are easy to harvest. Pick them one by one ar a whole cluster of mushroom at once. Grap the mushroom at it's base, as close to ground as possible. Gently twist and the mushroom is released form the mycelium.
Check your patch daily for new mushrooms
Check out the responsible use page for more information on do’s and don’ts on mushrooms.
This kit is meant for small-scale home use only. Do not use for human consumption. Use for spore reproduction and research only.
The Psilocybe Azurescens are 5-6 times stronger when compared to the psilocybe cubensis.
|Optimum cultivation temperature||Não|
|Water Spray Needed||Não|
|Não enviados para:||Austrália, Canadá, Nova Zelândia, Noruega, Rússia, Suíça, United Kingdom, Estados Unidos|