Magic Mushroom Grow Kit B+ XL by Mondo®
Magic mushroom B+ kit is recommended for it's high yield and big mushrooms. Without a doubt the Bee plus is one of the largest of all cubensis mushrooms. Perhaps the B+ Magic Mushroom grow kit is even the most resilient. Stories are not uncommon of people disposing the substrate in the garden after it has been exhausted only to find B+ magic mushrooms growing at the same spot the year after. A great beginner kit, that will never let you down.
Availability: In stock
Years of planning and testing has resulted in the next generation of Mondo® B+ XL magic mushroom grow kits. The B+ XL grow kit is now even better than it ever was. Compared to the first generation of Mondo®XL magic mushroom grow kit, the next generation is improved with:
- Larger yields, more mushrooms
- More flushes*
- Better resistance against contaminations
- Different, but easier instructions
*some strains produce more flushes than others. The first three flushes are the largest.
Meet the new standard of easy grow kits
The Mondo® B+ XL magic mushroom grow kit is slightly different than the grow kits you may have used before. These are mainly 'under the hood' differences and are not easily seen.
Just like the previous and other easy mushoom grow kits, you do not need to use additional spores. During the laboratory process, the spores have developed in mycelium inside the substrate (the cake) in the grow box.
How to store the grow kit correctly
It is recommended to start the cultivation process right away. If you decide to start growing later, you may store the grow kit in the refrigerator (2°C to 8°C) for 2 weeks after productiondate. First, wrap the grow kit in a plastic shopping bag and close it well.
- 1x grow box – This contains substrate with active mycelium (the cake)
- 1x large grow bag – The bag has micron filters to keep contaminants out
- 2x paperclip – For closing the grow bag.
- Misting Bottle – Misting is needed for the humidity level
- Potable water – For misting and soaking
- Clean environment – Work clean to give other fungi and bacteria (micro organisms) no chance to contaminate.
We recommend to use
- Surgical gloves
- Disinfectant for hands
- Disinfectant for surfaces
- Soaking Bag
- Thermo mat (when room temperature drops below 18°C)
How to prepare the room and yourself before you begin
- Close any open windows. Wind or draft may bring microorganisms that can contaminate the Mondo® 'B+' XL Magic Mushroom grow kit.
- When taking out the grow box with the cake from the carton box, put it on a disinfected surface. If this surface would not be clean, micro organisms may attach to the grow box and will flourish inside the Mondo® 'B+' XL Magic Mushroom grow kit, and will contaminate the grow box.
- Make sure you work with clean hands and arms. We recommend using surgical gloves or a good disinfectant when handling the kit. You should use a facemask to avoid breathing into the grow bag and on the cake.
Starting the process
- Fill the box with fresh, potable water. Close the grow box well and let is soak for 12 hours.
- After 12 hours, pour the surplus of water out of the grow box.
- Place the grow box inside the large grow bag. The open end of the bag should point upwards.
- Remove the lid from the grow box. Rinse the lid, and store it in the ziplock bag for later use. Place the ziplockbag with the lid back in the carton box.
- Fold the open end of large grow bag twice; do not cover the micron filter.
- Place the paperclip on the fold, so the bag stays closed. Now the Mondo® 'B+' XL Magic Mushroom grow kit is ready to grow.
- Place the Mondo® 'B+' XL Magic Mushroom grow kit inside the carton box, on top of the ziplock with lid.
The ideal temperature is 24°C. Do not have the temperature drop under 18°C and not exceed 29°C. To keep the temperature from dropping under the 18°C, you can use a thermo mat to maintain the ideal temperature. A thermo mat is a must-have in the winter or colder regions of the world.
The Mondo® 'B+' XL magic mushroom grow kit only needs light for the mycelium to ‘understand’ it has reached the surface. Only then, mushrooms will grow. A few hours of fluorescent/artificial light or indirect sunlight a day is more than enough. Direct sunlight kills the mycelium, so avoid the sun to shine directly on the grow kit.
Water / Misting
The day after you start the process you begin with misting. Open the grow bag by removing the paperclip. Do not spray directly on the cake, but spray one time against every side of the bag. So you mist once a day, four sprays. Misting also vents fresh oxygen inside the bag. Right after misting, close the bag again with the paperclip.
If the conditions are optimal, you can expect the first small mushrooms (the pins) to appear between 5 and 16 days. This also depends on the strain. Some cubensis strains grow slower than others.
The mushrooms come up in groups. This can be a small or large group. That depends on the strain. A growth like this is called a flush. Mushrooms are almost never ripe at the same time. You can get more than one flush out of a kit. The first two flushes are the largest. When more flushes come, they will be smaller than the previous one.
Mushrooms are ripe and should be picked when the veil between the hat and the stem has just torn. Don’t wait much longer. Use surgical gloves or disinfect your hands, wrists and arms. Pick the mushrooms that are ripe and let the others continue to grow. Remove the mushrooms from the cake by taking hold of the base of the mushroom between thumb and index finger. Rotating your hand clockwise slowly, until the mushroom lets go. Do not pull out the mushrooms. This would risk damaging the mycelium and killing it. When most of the larger mushrooms have been picked, also pick the smaller ones and the pins as well.
Mushrooms that grow from the sides
Mushrooms grow where the light reaches and where there is little penetrating resistance. Because the cake has light shining on the sides, the mushrooms might also grow there. It is hard to counter this and can be allowed. Some growers wrap the sides of the grow box in aluminum foil to keep the sides dark, but this doesn’t always work well.
When mushrooms grow there, they can be picked just before you soak the kit:
Clean hands! Take the grow box out of the bag and place it upside down on your other hand. Wiggle the plastic box so that the cake will fall out, onto your hand. The plastic box can be placed on a disinfectant surface. Now you have this hand free to pick the mushrooms from the sides of the cake. When all mushrooms are picked, you can place the cake back as it was, in the plastic box and continue to the soaking process.
After all the mushrooms have been picked, you prepare the kit for the next flush. Again, with disinfected hands or gloves; take the grow box out of the large grow bag. Fill the box with fresh, potable water. Take the lid out of the ziplock bag and use it to close the grow box. Place the closed grow box in a soaking Bag or use your own clean plastic shopping bag and wrap it around the box. Close it well and place this in a refrigerator (2°C to 8°C) for 12 hours. This is called the soaking process. Water will now soak through the cake, preparing it for the next flush.
During the soaking you can hang the grow bag with micronfilter upside down to dry. Make sure to hang it upside down, so no micro organisms will access the bag. Many growers prefer to use new and unused grow bags after every flush.
After 12 hours take the soaking Bag with the grow box, out from the fridge and unpack it.
To continue, follow the same steps 3 – 7 as before when you started the process for the first time. Several days later, a new flush will appear. You can get at least 2 or 3 flushes out of a Mondo® 'B+' XL Magic mushroom grow kit. If you are experienced in cultivating, you can get more flushes out of a kit.
When no more mushrooms grow out of a grow kit after the second flush for at least three weeks, or when the Mondo® 'B+' XL Magic Mushroom grow kit turns green, red, grey or yellow; the grow kit can be disposed of. The change in color is a sign that the grow kit is contaminated with another fungus or a bacteria. No more mushrooms will grow out of the Mondo® 'B+' XL Magic mushroom grow kit and the grow kit should be thrown away in the garbage outside.
When you are too late picking the mushrooms, they will drop their spores. The cake and the mushrooms will turn black/purple (some other cubensis strains red/brown) because of the spores. This is not really a problem; it just doesn’t look very pretty. When mushrooms release their spores, they also start to degrade and the active ingredients are breaking down. Mushrooms will lose some of their potency.
Check out the responsible use page for more information on do’s and don’ts.
This kit is meant for small-scale home use only.
|Grow Kit type||Mondo|
|Potency||Average / High|
|Optimum cultivation temperature||23ºC|
|Yield (from)||200 grams|
|Yield (to)||600 gram|
|Water Spray Needed||Yes|
|Not shipped to:||Non EU countries, Africa, Asia, Australia, Caribbean, Central America, Cyprus, Denmark, Germany, Iran, Ireland, Middle East, South America, Canada, Estonia, Finland, Israel , New Zealand, Norway, Russia, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States|
- 100 Review by DMITRIJ
- Worked but not perfect Review by Bambam
- Good stuff Review by Kaspars
but B+ Are realy nice potent mushrooms witch never dissapoint , (Posted on 12/31/2017)
- Couldn’t be happier Review by Jordan
- graet product Review by pier luigi
i buy it again and again (Posted on 12/11/2017)
- Supa Review by Grega
- B+ XL Review by frank
- Magickk Review by Alex
- sehr zu empfehlen Review by Birgit
zu empfehlen (Posted on 10/6/2015)
- Great first time grower choice Review by The Pict
- gg Review by manfredi
- Top class Review by Charlie
- B+ Mushroom Review by Mikkel
Fast growing also. (Posted on 6/15/2015)
- Sehr gutes Kit Review by Ester Evelyn
Sie sind wirklich sehr pflegeleicht! Werden Blau wenn man sie schneidet, aber das ist ja eigentlich nichts neues.
Ich habe bisher noch nichts gegessen, freue mich drauf, nach den Klausuren! Habe alle getrocknet, eine kleine Menge ins Eisfach zum Direktverzehr. (Posted on 6/15/2015)
- **FAV** Review by W4ffelfr34k
- Excellant Review by Kiwi
P.s. The first mushroom that popped up was freakin epic! (Posted on 6/2/2015)
- weak mushrooms Review by ninjawombat
so all in all i wouldnt recommend this strain. (try treasure coast instead, its awesome!) (Posted on 3/25/2015)
- Big by name Big by nature Review by Saffa
From soak to picking 16+-Days consecutive flushes pin in 3 days pick in extra 3-5
First F> 180g Second F>180+- Third F>240 Forth F>190+- Fifth F>90 Six on the way.
Now as everybody will say they grow just from the sides. so on flush number 3 I did as others and took the cake out the container and placed it directly in the bag. As you can see that's when I got the big flush and 4 was amazing too. The shrooms also grew really big due to more room 10g-40g bad boys. When I grow these again from the start the container will only be used for soaking.
They are very forgiving compared to other shrooms. The pesky heat mat turned off a few times leaving them cold for a few days here and there and also after 6 flushes still no contamination and the grow bag is looking ratty with all the use. They just take forever to dry!
First time I came home drunk and stupidly thought its an awesome idea specially on a school night. Drank tea 2g dry, in 20 minutes the room started to swallow me in colours I remember clambering to opening the window and turning off the lights cause it was all to much I came too 2 hours later messsssy!!!!
2nd ate 1.5 dry ice cream, come up you want to be very warm colours kick in and things feel melty super lazy, The gf never felt anything 1.3hrs later made tea to help her 1g each 20min later we burst into laughter for minutes on end a wave of happiness comes over you and the energy picks up and you not feeling as cold. Sipping on beer and wine went down well and everything was colourful and dancing we topped up again with more tea a fun night. To me its like other indulgence you have to break that barrier to get to the prime spot. Treated the rest of my trips like this. Also never felt any philosophical stuff on these at all.
Finally the trips need to be weeks apart, I did them 2 weekends running and ate 7 grams to try get anywhere what a waste.
Happy shrooming (Posted on 3/18/2015)
- einfach und schnell Review by McFly
anfangs war ich ein bisschen skeptisch ob ich es auch schaffe, aber das ist echt total einfach :-)
hab jetzt meinen dritten flush geerntet, die shrooms werden jetzt zwar schon weniger, aber dafür immer größer :D
ich würde allerdings empfehlen die reifen shrooms einfach mit einer schere abzuschneiden und nicht rauszudrehen wie in der beschreibung beschrieben ... ich hab so versehentlich oft was ruiniert.
zur wirkung kann ich leider nicht viel sagen da ich keine waage hatte und halt einfach ein bisschen gekostet hab^^ aber sie funktionieren auf jeden fall ;)
klare kaufempfehlung für einsteiger! (Posted on 3/4/2015)
- gracias fuer allet Review by baddabooom
Danke fuer alles..trip ist stark koerperbetont aber trotzdem bombe!!!
seit besten wo gehto_O
C u (Posted on 6/18/2014)
Important information about Mondo® Grow Kit B+ XL
- You have to be 18 years or older to order this product
- This product has shipping limitations. See the additional information to find out where we don't ship.
- When you place an order you declare that you are aware of the legal status of the ordered product(s) in your country and that you are allowed to receive and posses these.
- The use of magic mushrooms is at your own risk, so make sure to be well informed about the use and their effects.
- The price does not include shipment.