The SupaGro kits is the first in it's kind to minimize the use of layers in it's magic mushroom grow kits. Due the use of a dense and compact substrate which is rich of nutrition for the mycelium and it's fruits, the SupaGro kits have no use for extra Perlite and Vermiculite layers like the "traditional" grow kits. A thin layer of vermiculite is still used as a top layer, but this can hardly be called a "filler". 100% mycelium kit has become the nickname for these SupaGro kits.
The Strains available in the SupaGro Magic Mushroom discount pack are:
Contents fo SupaGro starter kit
- 1x SupaGro grow box – This contains substrate with active mycelium (the cake)
- 1x SupaBag – The bag has 2 layers of punched holes for ventilation.
- 2x paperclip – For closing the grow bag.
- 1 x Misting Bottle – Misting is needed for the humidity level
- 3 x Gloves
- 1 x Facemask
- 1 x Disinfectant for hands
SupaGro Grow Kits look different than other grow kits
This Magic mushroom grow kit is a product of the SupaGro company. This company redefines the way magic mushroom grow kits are produced. A whole newly developed method of producing these magic mushroom grow kits has been developed. This has resulted in magic mushroom grow kits that can proudly wear the name: SUPA!
When comparing SupaGro magic mushroom grow kits to the standard magic mushroom grow kits, there are differences you should be aware of:
- The first two flushes are Supa Large! Up to 300 grams per flush (under excellent and optimal conditions)
- The first flush comes faster. First results can be expected after only a few days.
- Substrate is 100% colonized by mycelium.
- Very contamination resistant.
- A totally new designed SupaBag with venting holes. The substrate with mycelium (also called cake) really needs to breath.
- No Fillers of vermiculite on top and no perlite on the bottom.
- The lid has venting/expansion holes.
The SupaGro magic mushroom grow kit is different than the grow kits you might have seen before. After opening the carton box you see it. In plastic lid, eight holes were drilled. These holes were part of the production process.
You might have received a SupaGro magic mushroom grow kit with the lid partially opened up. Sometimes this happens during transport. This is caused by a combination of the production process on one hand and the mycelium trying to expand on de other. When the mycelium is so well developed, it might push the lid up creating small openings. Don't worry, when this has happened, just continue with the procedure. The mycelium is so strong and well developed by now, contaminants well have a hard time to infect your Supa Gro magic mushroom grow kit.
Don't test this by not working hygienically. We recommend always using surgical gloves or a good disinfectant when handling the kit. You should use a facemask to avoid breathing into the SupaBag and on the cake.
The SupaBag has holes
The SupaBag has two rows of holes. The top row is to let the oxygen in and the bottom row is to vent carbon dioxide out. There is no need to open the bag for ventilation as you might normally do with the standard grow bag with microfilter. When the SupaBag is placed correctly, this allows an optimal respiration gas balance for the mushroom growth.
How to store the grow kit correctly
It is recommended to start the cultivation process right away. If you decide to start growing later, you may store the SupaGro magic mushroom grow kit inside a Soaking Bag in the refrigerator (2°C to 8°C) for 6 weeks.
Supa Gro instruction video
Supa Gro magic mushroom grow kit instruction video door magicmushroomsshop
- Potable water – For misting and soaking
- Clean environment – Work clean to give other fungi and bacteria (micro organisms) no chance to contaminate.
We recommend using
- Surgical gloves
- Disinfectant for hands
- Disinfectant for surfaces
- Soaking Bag
How to prepare the room and yourself before you begin
- Close any open windows. Wind or draft may bring micro organisms that can contaminate the SupaGro Magic Mushroom grow kit.
- When taking out the grow box with the cake from the carton box, put it on a disinfected surface. If this surface would not be clean, micro organisms may attach to the grow box and will flourish inside the SupaGro Magic Mushroom grow kit, and will contaminate the grow box.
- Make sure you work with clean hands and arms. We recommend using surgical gloves or a good disinfectant when handling the kit. You should use a facemask to avoid breathing into the grow bag and on the cake.
Starting the process
Do not soak the grow kit! This is not needed at this stage.
- 1. Place the grow box inside the SupaBag. The open end of the SupaBag should point upwards.
- 2. Remove the lid from the SupaGro grow box. Rinse the lid, dry it and store it in the carton box for later use.
- 3. Fold the open end of SupaBag twice; do not cover the venting holes.
- 4. Place the paperclips on the fold, so the bag stays closed. Now the SupaGro Magic Mushroom grow kit is ready to grow.
- 5. Place the SupaGro Magic Mushroom grow kit inside the carton box, on top of the lid.
The ideal temperature is 24°C. Do not have the temperature drop under 18°C and not exceed 29°C. SupaGro does not recommend using a heating mat with it's kits.
The SupaGro magic mushroom grow kit only needs light for the mycelium to ‘understand’ it has reached the surface. Only then, mushrooms will grow. A few hours of fluorescent/artificial light or indirect sunlight a day is more than enough. Direct sunlight kills the mycelium, so avoid the sun to shine directly on the grow kit.
Water / Misting
Misting should be started with on the day that the first mushrooms (pins) appear. Open the grow bag by removing the paperclips. Do not spray directly on the cake, but spray one time against every side of the bag. So you mist once a day, four sprays but only when the mushrooms are visible. Right after misting, close the bag again with the paperclip.
If the conditions are optimal, you can expect the first small mushrooms (the pins) to appear between 5 and 10 days. This also depends on the strain. Some cubensis strains grow slower than others.
The mushrooms come up in groups. This can be a small or large group. That depends on the strain. A growth like this is called a flush. Mushrooms are almost never ripe at the same time. You can get more than one flush out of a kit. The first two flushes are the largest. When more flushes come, they will be smaller than the previous one.
Mushrooms are ripe and should be picked when the veil between the hat and the stem has just torn. Don’t wait much longer. Use surgical gloves or disinfect your hands, wrists and arms. Pick the mushrooms that are ripe and let the others continue to grow. The cake has no top layer such as vermiculite. This makes is much easier to pick the mushrooms than with the standard grow kits. The mushrooms can easily be pulled out of the cake by holding them between thumb and index finger. They mushrooms let go almost immediately. When most of the larger mushrooms have been picked, also pick the smaller ones and the pins as well.
Mushrooms that grow from the sides
Mushrooms grow where the light reaches and where there is little penetrating resistance. Because the cake has light shining on the sides, the mushrooms might also grow there. It is hard to counter this and can be allowed. Some growers wrap the sides of the grow box in aluminum foil to keep the sides dark, but this doesn’t always work well.
When mushrooms grow there, they can be picked just before you soak the kit:
Clean hands! Take the grow box out of the bag and place it upside down on your other hand. Wiggle the plastic box so that the cake will fall out, onto your hand. The plastic box can be placed on a disinfectant surface. Now you have this hand free to pick the mushrooms from the sides of the cake. When all mushrooms are picked, you can place the cake back as it was, in the plastic box and continue to the soaking process.
After all the mushrooms have been picked, you prepare the kit for the next flush. Again, with disinfected hands or gloves; take the grow box out of the SupaBag. Fill the box with fresh, potable water. Take the lid out of the carton box and use it to close the grow box. Place the closed grow box in a soaking bag or use your own clean plastic shopping bag and wrap it around the box. Close it well and place this in a refrigerator (2°C to 8°C) for 12 hours. This is called the soaking process. Water will now soak through the cake, preparing it for the next flush.
During the soaking you can hang the SupaBag upside down to dry. Make sure to hang it upside down, so no microorganisms will access the bag.
After 12 hours take the soaking bag with the grow box, out from the fridge and unpack it.
To continue, follow the same steps 1 – 5 as before when you started the process for the first time. Several days later, a new flush will appear. You can get at least 2 large flushes out of a SupaGro Magic mushroom grow kit. If you are experienced enough in cultivating, you can get more flushes out of a SupaGro Magic mushroom grow kit. Up to 8 flushes!
When no more mushrooms grow out of a grow kit after the second flush for at least three weeks, or when the SupaGro Magic Mushroom grow kit turns green, red, grey or yellow; the grow kit can be disposed of. The change in color is a sign that the grow kit is contaminated with another fungus or a bacteria. No more mushrooms will grow out of the SupaGro Magic mushroom grow kit and the grow kit should be thrown away in the garbage outside.
When you are too late picking the mushrooms, they will drop their spores. The cake and the mushrooms will turn black/purple (some other cubensis strains red/brown) because of the spores. This is not really a problem; it just doesn’t look very pretty. When mushrooms release their spores, they also start to degrade and the active ingredients are breaking down. Mushrooms will lose some of their potency.
Check out the responsible use page for more information on do’s and don’ts.
This kit is meant for small-scale home use only